Behind the Scenes
We want transparency and authenticity.
We all love looking at reviews and hearing what others have to say to feel validated and assured when making any purchase online. I mean that’s what made Amazon’s shopping experiences so great, but why can’t we do the same with skincare? Maybe it’s because many skincare companies haven’t been too transparent about what goes into their products or how it’s being produced or just the fact that they use too many complex ingredients. It's really hard to tell what they are. Well, Osme is different. Not only do we care about each and every ingredient used, we want you to know exactly what we’re using and how this will ultimately benefit you!
Let’s start with the basics:
What ingredients does Osme use and why?
- Osme’s Face serums: we understand that a crucial part of any skincare routine is to ensure that your face is glowing and feeling hydrated. That’s why we decided to carefully craft our face serums with these key ingredients: Jojoba oil and rosehip oil.
- Osme’s Glow Face Serum: We chose the Jojoba oil as the main ingredient because this has a chemical structure that closely parallels the skin’s natural sebum and helps minimize the appearance of pores and reduces excessive oils on your skin. If this is what you’re looking for, check out our product page to read more about the other natural ingredients used.
- Osme’s Hydrating Face Serum: We chose the Rosehip oil as the hero ingredient here because we all know how important it is to stay hydrated. Rosehip oil contains a wealth of essential fatty acids, namely alpha linolenic acid which are known to be beneficial for moisturizing and soothing dry, irritated, and weathered skin. This oil also contains a high amount of Vitamin E, which imparts antioxidant benefits. Find out more about the other ingredients used here.
- Osme’s Soap Bars: did you know that all of our soap bars are handmade? 😉 Carefully picked essential oils and sourcing natural ingredients is what makes our soap bars so unique!
- Unscented Soap Bar: What’s there to hide? There are absolutely no scents used at all other than the natural oil ingredients sourced by our manufacturers. One of our main ingredients that we love to share is our pride in using verified ECOCERT (in other terms “organic”) /cosmos approved cocoa butter! This is one of the most stable fats known and contains natural antioxidants that prevent rancidity. Although we are currently out of stock. We’re looking to bring this back as soon as we can so sit tight!
- Tea Tree Soap Bar: Do you ever reminisce about being surrounded by tall trees and all you can smell is a mixture of that misty fresh air with a hint of fresh leaves? Well that’s exactly what we’re aiming for with our Tea Tree Soap Bars but why did we choose to use this essential oil? The Tea tree essential oil is a popular choice for treating acne because of its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, and we’ve carefully combined this with our bergamot essential oil which helps lower cholesterol levels and can increase overall positive mood. We hope you felt refreshed just reading this. Can we all take a deep breath and try to imagine how amazing this soap bar will smell?
- Rose Soap Bar: Roses are red while our rose bars are pink! Did that sound a little weird? Although we use a powerful Rose Geranium South African Essential Oil as our key ingredient for therapeutic and mesmerizing fragrance experiences, we want to focus our attention to our French Pink Clay. This can be used to slough off dead skin cells and to create an overall refreshed appearance which is why we love this soap. If you have an oily or acne-prone skin, you’ll want to try this.
Where are Osme’s products made?
- We consider ourselves to be the tiny giant. 😊 Although we don’t have a physical office building, everything is being made from Rachel’s mini office in her condo which was renovated over the summer in 2020. Due to COVID-19 none of our staff was able to visit but we’re sure looking forward to it one day! Moving forward, our vision is to expand and hopefully find a local office here in Toronto! Follow us in our journey by signing up here.
That’s pretty much it (for now..) but we’ll keep you updated throughout the journey in our posts, email communications and more! Thank you all for reading our blogs and for your overall interest in Osme! If you’re curious to learn more or have any interesting/ fun blog topics you’d like for us to cover, always feel free to contact us here! Okay that’s about it for today!
Take care 👋🏻